- Part of the total sites submitted are refused entry to this directory as they do not meet the following guidelines. Please be considerate and only submit your site after reading the following guidelines to make sure it qualifies. The following guidelines may be updated as required therefore your site with unsuitable contents may be refused without any notice.
- If your site uses a written language is your native language, you could use your native language to submit your sites information. But you should be submitted to the correct directory.
- You do not have to add a reciprocal link back to URLlib.com, but sites that do have reciprocal link will receive a higher placement among others, and it has the potential to become our featured links. Reciprocal link must be placed at the page you are going to submit with this form. You are free to change the link as you like as long as it is: not nofollow, visible (not hidden), clikable (not disabled), and links directly to URLlib.com main page. We will be checking for reciprocal link.
- Only root domain Submission. No deep links. For Example site with www.domain.com/page/article.html is not allowed. For deep link submission a reciprocal link is required.
- Site must be submitted to appropriate category. Improper category selection will lead to rejection.
- Directory editor will verify the contents of your web site before it will be available to our visitors.
- Your server must generate a valid "200 OK" response code for the URL you submit.
- Do not submit mirror sites. Mirror sites are sites that contain identical content, but have altogether different URLs.
- Do not submit URLs that contain only the same or similar content as other sites you may have listed in the directory. Sites with overlapping and repetitive content are not helpful to users of the directory. Multiple submissions of the same or related sites may result in the exclusion and/or deletion of those and all affiliated sites.
- Do not disguise your submission and submit the same URL more than once.
Example: http://www.urllib.com and http://www.urllib.com/index.html
- Do not submit any site with an address that redirects to another address.
- Do not submit sites "under construction." Wait until a site is complete before submitting it. Sites that are incomplete, contain "Under Construction" notices, or contain broken graphics or links aren't good candidates for the directory.
- URL lib Directory Project does not wish to be associated with certain types of content, behavior and/or products, and will not accept sites that contain this type of content. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Adult-oriented content are not allowed.
- Violence, excessive use of vulgar or obscene language are not allowed.
- Excessive, duplicate or competing advertisements are not allowed.
- Content related to human suffering or death are not allowed.
- Copyright or trademark-sensitive products such as MP3 downloads, DVD backups or bootleg items are not allowed.
- Weaponry, ammunition, fireworks or explosives are not allowed.
- Illegal drugs and drug paraphernalia are not allowed.
- Propaganda, potentially offensive or controversial content are not allowed.
- Defamatory, libelous, threatening or other material that advocates against any individual or group are not allowed.
- The sale of body parts or bodily fluids are not allowed.
- The sale of hazardous substances are not allowed.
- Political, religious or charitable organizations, issues or causes are not allowed.
- The sale of tobacco and tobacco-related products are not allowed.
- Hacking, surveillance, interception or de-scrambling equipment are not allowed.
- The sale (or facilitated sale) of prescription drugs are not allowed.
- The sale of counterfeit or stolen items are not allowed.
- The sale of government IDs or police items are not allowed.
- The sale of alcoholic beverages are not allowed.
- Don't submit sites consisting largely of affiliate links.
- Web site content must be predominantly in English.
- Do a quick search in the directory at URLlib.com (the home of the URL lib Directory Project) to be sure your site isn't already listed. This saves everyone time.
- You should submit a site to the single most relevant category. Sites submitted to inappropriate or unrelated categories will be rejected or removed.
- Descriptions of sites should describe the content of the site concisely and accurately. They should not be promotional in nature. Submitting a promotional description rather than an objective, well written description may significantly delay your site from being listed or prevent your site from being listed at all.
- Auto-submission software is (and always has been) a violation of this procedure. Sites submitted automatically are flagged and deleted after the submission is accepted, without notification to you. Persistent automatic submission may force us to ban you from the URL lib site, so we can provide resources to real human beings.
- An editor will review your submission to determine whether to include it in the directory. Depending on factors such as the volume of submissions to the particular category, it may take several days or more before your submission is reviewed. Please only submit a URL to the URL lib Directory once. Again, multiple submissions of the same or related sites may result in the exclusion and/or deletion of those and all affiliated sites. Disguising your submission and submitting the same URL more than once is not permitted.
Removal from our Database
Should you ever wish to be removed from our database, simply contact us and we will be happy to fulfill your request. Additionally, should you wish further clarification of this policy, please do not hesitate to form contact